Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Deceptively Delicious Muffins

I got this book a while ago from Marshalls. So far it's a hit in our home. I have only used two of the recipes but they are delicious. And I can't help being inspired by the very cool retro look of the book.

deceptively delicious book

The Applesauce Muffins are fantastic.

DSC_3482-1 The recipe calls for 1/2 cup of butternut squash. Which is great because I can not get Colin to eat anything that is orange. He loved sweet potato puree before but will have nothing to do with them now. I changed/substituted a few ingredients. I used Mayonnaise instead of an egg, I was out. Vanilla soy milk instead of nonfat milk and I added some vanilla extract. The muffins are super moist and really messy with the crumb topping. If you have a little one who is not that fond of veggies I highly recommend this book. We look forward to trying many more of the recipes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

they were SOOOOOO good thanks for sharing