Thursday, November 5, 2009

German Banana Pancakes

DSC_4460-1

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons of butter

2 large eggs

1/2 cup all purpose flour

1/2 cup milk

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons brown sugar

1 thinly sliced banana

1. Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Place butter in pie plate. Place pie plate in the oven. Once butter is melted remove from oven and spread around the pie plate making sure to coat the sides too.

2. While butter is melting mix the next 5 ingredients together in a bowl.

2. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the pie plate.

3. arrange your banana slices on top of the butter and brown sugar mixture.

5. Pour your pancake batter over the bananas, make sure to evenly distribute the batter.

6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until puffy and deep golden brown. You can serve it as it is, use powdered sugar and a dash of lemon juice, or use maple syrup.

 

DSC_4465-1

Colin and I had this for breakfast yesterday morning. It works up quickly and you just place it in the oven to bake. I don't think it's too fancy for a Wednesday breakfast :) We eat our pancake plain. It is surprisingly sweet from the bananas and brown sugar. I love the added crunch that the brown sugar gives the bottom of the pancake (pictured above). I will have to make these again this weekend so Brett can have some. Plus I wouldn't mind eating them again :)

3 comments:

Leslie said...

yum, thanks for sharing. I am always looking for some good breakfast ideas. this one looks great. my kids would love it.

Kaye Prince said...

This looks so good! Kinda makes me wish I liked bananas :D

wishes, true and kind said...

Whoa! I've made German pancakes before, but never with bananas. That looks great!