Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hooking It!

0908091104-2

First off sorry for the fuzzy picture, I took it with my cell phone :)

I just finished this hat this morning. This is only my second crochet project ever! I loosely used a pattern for the main beginning shape of the hat but very quickly derailed from it and did my own thing. The hat is a little big around on the bottom but I kind of like it that way. It ensures that his ears will stay covered and a bit of his neck too :) I have yet to weave in the ends and wash it, so it may shrink a bit.

Materials: Cotton Ease thread in Taupe, Lime, and Lake

I size hook

I am thinking I will attempt this again and see if I can make some adjustments to get a better fit. Any suggestions?

Pictures from my first crocheting project will be coming soon. I am just waiting for the green light from my pattern source ;)

1 comment:

Christina Lane | The Sometimes Crafter said...

Green light. :) Cute hat! I forgot to text you back earlier. Next go round I would just stop your increases sooner. Like say after the first row of the blue from the looks of it.