Monday, June 1, 2009

My first real quilt

DSC_0059

DSC_0047

DSC_0056 

Here is the finished baby quilt. It turned out fabulous. Thank you so much to Christina for all of your help. She did the quilting for me on her long arm. Have the blanket quilted makes it 110 times better. She also helped me figure out what was going on with my binding. For some strange reason I thought I was supposed to leave extra over hang in the corners when stitching the biding on to the top side. I was wrong. It still looks great. Next time I will do it correctly and it will be even easier.

I hope the baby gets lots of use out of this little blanket. And I can’t wait to get to meet her.

xo,

E

p.s. fabric is from Moda Swell by Urban Chicks, a variety of years worth.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

its so so so cute I want to be a baby so I can have one

MissesStitches said...

Absolutely beautiful! Good job, Paisley Queen!