Sunday, June 22, 2008

A weekend of accomplishments


I have had an eventful/ productive week. My husband (Brett) and I had our first date night since Colin's arrival. I did not think I was ready to leave him, but my mom insisted. Lucky us. We went to one of the nicer theaters, Cinetopia, in town and watched the new Indian Jones movie.

A quick review of the movie, I give it 2 1/2 stars, for being predictable and having a bit of a silly (did not seem like an Indiana Jones movie) plot. It was enjoyable but not worth the money we spent ( I will say we are cheap when it comes to going to the movie theater, if it's not any better in their theater then our home, why go?)

We still had a great time and enjoyed movie popcorn and soda. Afterwords we did a couple errands, I know really romantic, but they were in the area so we couldn't resist. And we ended the night with a soft serve ice cream cone from Burgerville (Yummy). All and all it was nice to go out just the two of us, it felt strange to be without Colin, which was surprising since we had been doing things as a couple for six years.

Friday: was crazy busy and a mental breakdown, not going to say anymore about it because I have moved past it :o) But it was Colin's first night sleeping in his own room in his crib. I don't think he even noticed or if he did it didn't bother him one bit. I on the other hand and so serious emotions to deal with. I just can't believe how fast he is growing ( he turned 12 weeks on Saturday). He has completely grown out of his newborn clothes and most of his 0-3 month. I definitely feel like time is flying by. So I am going to take (and did) the comments from the previous post to heart and put them into action. I have several new things to try so I can get some me time in and most importantly I am going to enjoy every moment my son wants me to hold him. Even if it means the floors don't get vacuumed ect.

Saturday: I had made it through the night without bringing Colin back into our room until his 5am feeding, then he slept in our bed until 9. It was wonderful. We ran errands and I got something new for myself that I have been wanting ever since I read about it in Chickpea Sewing Studio's Blog, a Moby wrap. She of course made her own and I of course chickend out and bought one. I got the natural colored one hoping not to get to hot wearing it this summer. Unfortunatly I didn't get to try it out on Colin until Sunday because my husband and Colin went to his parents house to help in the garage. This was another first for me, me being home alone with out the baby, just me and the dog. I decided to stay home so I could get some of the much needed chores done. As soon as they pulled out of the driveway it was like my heart was attached to the bumper of the car and being draged down the street. I immediatly wanted to call Brett and have him bring Colin back home but I didn't. Instead I cleaned house, but only enough to where I could say to myself "this looks good" and then i started sewing a present for Brett's cousin.
I made it 4 hours before I called my husband and asked him to please come home because I missed the baby so much, I didn't even finsh making the gift.

Sunday: I made it another night with Colin sleeping in his room. He woke up at his usual time, 5 am, but for some reason I thought he still looks really sleepy so I just changed his diaper and went back into my bed and waited to see if he was hungry. He wasn't or if he was it wasn't enough to keep him awake, he went back to sleep until 6:30 or 7 (not really sure because Brett got up and fed him). We got ready and made it to our good friends twins 1st Birthday party on time and we got to use the Moby wrap for 4 hours. It was great and Colin loved it.
Please excuse the hair it was really windy out. The wrap is really easy to use the only down side is that I feel a bit silly wearing it when he is not in it. But it is much easier to put it on at home without worrying about getting it dirty. I am sure I will get over this feeling and assume that everyone in Costco is staring at me ;)

It was a wonderful week with lots of new memories and I can't wait to see what this next one brings.

Wishing everyone a great week,
E

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oooh we made it into your blog how exciting! Thanks so much for coming! That baby carrier looks really comfy! Its so hard when they grow out of 0-3 months. I would like to say it gets easier but really it doesn't. I cried when the girls turned 5 especially... or when they grow out of the baby section at the store... Just think how awesome it is that you are able to be home with Colin and enjoy all of these special moments with him and hold onto them! love ya!

Christina Lane | The Sometimes Crafter said...

I saw Julliette's wrap, but i'm not brave enough to make one. I'm afraid i'll pick the wrong fabric, so i've been planning on buying one. Where did you get yours? How much? I know they can be $$$$. A lot of first this week for you and Collin. It's so hard to believe we are 8 weeks behind you when we should just be days apart. I don't want Brice to get big.