We have all been sick with a very nasty head cold. It would appear that we are all on the mend. Or so I hope.
I still need to top stitch around the edge and sew the appliqué on (it is currently being held on with steam-a-seam).
Also, I made Colin a Crayon Portfolio adopted from this pattern.
I wanted two rows of crayon holders so I could fit 20 crayons. But the more times I tried to make the little holders the better I got. Which meant the worse the ones in the beginning looked. I can not tell you how many times I ripped it out and started over. I then finally decided to forget it and attempt a zippered pouch.
Overall I am happy with it, it is wonky but I think that adds to the overall character of it :)
I used a navy blue linen as the main fabric and a Japanese canvas for the pockets. The Sometimes Crafter's pattern was super easy to follow and had great pictures just where they needed to be.