Thursday, January 14, 2010

Quilt Making with Crayons

DSC_6400

I am thinking of joining in 2010 Zig-Zag Quilt Piece-Along, hosted by OrangeFlower.

The above drawing is my own, but I am thinking it is a bit busy (and the zig-zag gets lost) for me and will probably go with this instead http://beesquarefabrics.blogspot.com/2009/03/how-to-make-zig-zag-quilt-without.html

I am planning on doing a queen size with my Farmer's Market prints by Sandi Henderson. I will have to recalculate for the Crazymomquilts tutorial and see if I have enough fabric. My goal is to make the quilt with only having to purchase the solid color fabric.

If I can complete this quilt it will be full filling one my goals for this year of making a quilt for myself :)

3 comments:

Leslie said...

i want to make a zig zag this year too!!! the quilt a long is a great idea. i don't know if the deadline and commitment would be good for me or bad.

Unknown said...

very cool I cant wait to see it

Christina Lane | The Sometimes Crafter said...

Woohoo! A quilt for yourself! I want to actually plan a quilt that from start to finish I know its for me...not that it happens to by mine by accident. :)