Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Heat Wave

DSC_2247-1

The air conditioner in our house broke last night. And of course today was the hottest day of the year! Luckily for Colin and I Christina saw my instant messenger status and invited us out to her place. Which was great but I have no car, it's in the repair shop for a couple days. My luck did not end there, Christina offered to come and get us! Yippee! Our hero. I asked if she could come in a few hours, that way I had ample time to get ready, she said no problem. A half hour later I said "forget it, it's too hot. Please come as soon as you can." It was 9am and already 80 degrees in the house and super humid. A short while later the fabulous Orange Chicken (Christina's car's name) arrived with our rescue crew.

Thank you Christina and Brice! We may be seeing you again tomorrow ;)

To those of you who live in much hotter climates then our area and don't have AC, I apologize for whining. And you must share some of your secrets for coping with the heat and humidity. Colin has a heat rash already and we were in the air conditioning most of the day.

 

xo,

E

2 comments:

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Is Christina the Sometimes Crafter? She is awesome!

Stay cool and at least you don't have the humidity!

Christina Lane | The Sometimes Crafter said...

It was so much fun to spend the two days with you!